The Frontlines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tournament Ideas

Go down 
+9
Assassin
Kakashi
-Fuel-
Stern
The_LAK_Attack
Java{AoN}
*Primus*
Poison
iPhaLanX
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iPhaLanX
Admin
iPhaLanX

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:53 pm

This topic is to determine what tournament will be done on this site, this topic wil be open to ideas until the Season #2 playoffs begin in which case a poll will be put up with all ideas and the poll will stay up till the end of the Season #2. Once Season #2 Finals are over then the poll will end.

I'd like anyone reading this post to please reply with a new idea for a tournament with into detail information on the tournament like how many players minimum / maximum, basic rules, game modes, etc. so that way we can all understand what you are wanting to do for the tournament. In other words give me something to read over and please try to make it interesting. (Feel free to edit your ideas at any time just do not change the basis, what im saying is change the rules, class restrictions, and stuff just dont change the main part.)
study
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example: I think a Capture the Flag only tournament would be fun.

Rules
Flag Capture - 3 or 5.
~You may not change classes during a map, only in between maps.
~The one grunt/sniper can switch their class at any time during the battle to either grunt or sniper.(5v5)
~Spectators are optional, but if you think a spectator is needed then it must be agreed upon by both the teams in order to have one.
~No Gltiching
~No Tanks (including speeder bikes)
~No Special Classes
~No Turrets (Sniper Deployable Turrets are allowed)
~Running over the top on Hoth is LEGAL, otherwise this map would take forever and wouldnt be any fun whatsoever. In addition to this Hoth rule, no repairing the turrets once they are destroyed, the team destroyed them for a reason you do the same to theirs, easy as that. The one turret on the Millennium Falcon repairs itself so we cannot help that.
~If you are going to post a complaint about the match you must provide proof to back up your accusations, otherwise your complaint will be considered null and void and completely ignored and the battle's result will stay as is until such proof is provided.

Number of Players
~Minimum Players - 4v4
~Maximum Players - 5v5

Class Restrictions
~4v4 - 1 of each class.
~5v5- 1 Rocket, 1 Engineer, 1 Grunt, 1 Sniper, and 1 Sniper / Grunt

Number of Maps
~Maximum Maps - 5
~Minimum Maps - 3

Last edited by -[PhaLanX]- on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/grkscarface1
Poison

Poison

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:09 pm

4v4 Draft Tournament.

See over the course of a week who wants to participate, then we pick the number of captains that could hold hold a team.

For example, If 16 people signed up. We could pick 4 team captains to pick 3 people to fill out their 4 person roster.

The draft would go like this: Each team picks a number, whoever picks the number closest to the pre-determined admin number gets 1st pick, 2nd pick, and so on.

Round 1: Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, Team 4
Round 2: Team 4, Team 3, Team 2, Team 1
Round 3: Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, Team 4
Round 4: Team 4, Team 3, Team 2, Team 1

Round Robin Style Tourney. Everyone plays everyone. The two teams with the best record after facing everyone go to the championship.
Back to top Go down
*Primus*

*Primus*

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I like both ideas really.
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I say we mix them. As we could get a mod to enable command posts capturing on a ctf mode. Which would make it a double battle. I guess. I dont know really if it makes sense about what i said.
Back to top Go down
Java{AoN}

Java{AoN}

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am

What Darkfire said would be cool, I support that. ^
Back to top Go down
The_LAK_Attack

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Just because theres a shortage of idea's i'll throw a few out some good some bad some god awful lol.

It's just like a normal match but you can only play unpopular maps like Felcuia & Endor,ect...

A hunt tourny, one team gets the good side the other team gets the crappy side and they play to 50...when one team gets to 50 they switch sides teams and do it again then they combine the scores to see who won.

Since everyone likes the Engy....an all engy tourny.

A tourny where you not aloud to use you best class..for example im a rocket so i would be a grunt/sniper/engy.

4v4 Class Specific 1v1 heres how it works. you get your lineup set up for a 4v4 CS then the grunts of each clan do a1v1 first to 5 the clan with the grunt that won gets a point. the you move on to snipers,rockets ect. if at the end if its tied 2-2 you pick one player to do a mortar 1v1. so it looks like this

AoN Vs. LOW

AoN Grunt Vs. LOW Grunt : LOW wins. 5-3

AoN Sniper Vs. LOW Sniper: AoN wins 5-2

AoN Rocket V. LOw Rocket: AoN wins 5-4

AoN Engy Vs. LOW Engy: LOW Wins 5-2

i have two idea's for the tiebraker you guys choose:

Option 1. AoN Mortar Vs. LOw Mortar: AoN wins 5-4

OR

Option 2. We add up the total score from the classes and whoever has the most kills wins so in my example LOW wins 16-15. if thats ever tied you just do the mortar 1v1.

Rules would be that you can't have 1 player playing for more then one class for your clan unless its mortar for the tiebreaker & Normal 1v1 rules.
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 pm

What? Question
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Darkfire wrote:
I say we mix them. As we could get a mod to enable command posts capturing on a ctf mode. Which would make it a double battle. I guess. I dont know really if it makes sense about what i said.
pwnage affraid
Back to top Go down
Stern

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 am

My idea is 24 person free for all. Everyone is on one team. You must control a base for 2 minutes without dying.
Another would be Jabba's Palace. This would be a more intense version of Hide and Seek. There is one seeker. He has a detpack in his hand. The hiders hide in the doors all over the map. He must find all the hiders without running into one specific hider who also has a detpack. When he runs into the doors, and finds the person, he detpacks them. If he goes into the door with the guy with the detpack, he loses
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am

No, if you cannot move around the map hiding, then all he has to do is go detpack each door.......
Back to top Go down
-Fuel-

-Fuel-

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 pm

You know what would be cool.If like we held like a drafting session like the NBA or NFL
Then we could do trades..
Just a idea i cam up with
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanaon.forumwise.com
Java{AoN}

Java{AoN}

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 pm

I like that Fuel, that's kinda cool
Back to top Go down
Kakashi

Kakashi

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 pm

I agree with darkfire the hiders should atleast be able to move maybe to somewhere else other than doors -.-
Back to top Go down
http://clanlsj.co.nr

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:35 pm

{LSJ}Kakashi wrote:
I agree with darkfire the hiders should atleast be able to move maybe to somewhere else other than doors -.-
Yeah, because then he'll see on the map every door and then we all die. If we get to be anyware, then its funner. besides glitches.
Back to top Go down
-Fuel-

-Fuel-

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:35 pm

{JSA}PFC_Java wrote:
I like that Fuel, that's kinda cool
IKR!
tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.clanaon.forumwise.com

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:07 am

My idea is still in the lead?
Back to top Go down
Stern

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 pm

There's a tournament this Saturday night at 8 PM EST:
http://www.swbfii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5732

It's titled "Outdoor Madness". The rules are in the topic. Several people have already signed up, feel free to sign up here or there
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:58 pm

I've heard of this name before.
Back to top Go down
Assassin

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 am

Galactic Conquest

Clans would enter teams of 4. Clans can enter more than one team if they choose.

It would take a whole forum to complete this tournament.

Each team would pick a planet as their "home planet" and they would have to defend it.

It would be class specific, no specials.

If a team is attacked and they lose, they still have a chance to take their planet back, but if they lose one more time, then they are eliminated.

Teams can accumulate planets as long as they keep winning.

Any questions? And also id be willing to moderate the Galactic Conquest forum since it would be less confusing.
Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 pm

I doubt the forum would be used. Just consider that part as a no. But the rest sounds ok.
Back to top Go down
Assassin

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 pm

well there would have to be a forum for teams and challenging silly.
Back to top Go down
Stern

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

http://www.swbfii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5741&highlight=

Red Rover
Back to top Go down
Kakashi

Kakashi

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Stern i'll be at red rover game. I'm to lazy to make account on .COM Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://clanlsj.co.nr
-AoD-{CCL}Bear

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Kakashi... I'll add you to the roster, just make sure you enter the server under this name.

Server name is Red Rover
Password is redrover
Back to top Go down
left4dead-beserker

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:32 pm

The 4v4 looks good but what if your team doesnt have 4 ppl (im in L4D we only have 2)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament Ideas   Tournament Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Frontlines :: Community :: Suggestions and Ideas-
Jump to: